I specialise in helping clients to manage and resolve complex business-critical commercial disputes. Often this involves multiple jurisdictions, with a focus on international arbitration and English High Court litigation. I am particularly experienced in advising on disputes arising in emerging markets, including Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, other CIS countries and Africa.
My recent work includes:
- Assisting a high-net-worth individual client with winning a multi-million pound LCIA arbitration concerning a joint venture dispute in respect of a significant real estate asset in Moscow.
- Conducting litigation on behalf of the same client in the English High Court defending against challenges to the arbitration awards and parallel litigation, which included multiple interim applications and a four-week trial on the merits.
- Representing a major international oil company in an ICC arbitration concerning an oil and gas asset in Nigeria.
- Acting for an ultra-high-net-worth individual client in the English High Court and Court of Appeal in respect of two very substantial fraud claims.
- Achieving a positive settlement for an ultra-high-net-worth individual client from Kazakhstan in relation to a fraud claim in the English High Court.
I have also been involved in advising major financial institutions in respect of regulatory and tax investigations, and have experience in tax and competition litigation.
When advising clients, I always ensure that their goals and priorities are my primary focus. My experience and skills enable me to run matters efficiently and deliver the best results for my clients.
I am fluent in the English, Russian and Ukrainian languages. In my spare time, I enjoy meditating, volunteering, travelling and hiking in Ukrainian forests.