Real Estate – The Foundations of Success
The compliance rules to be observed in the Real Estate segment depend largely on the rental agreements, the investment and, if applicable, sales structure, local operations and the location of the property.
Examples of Real Estate Risks
- Transparency and money laundering rules
- Corruption and bribery
- National law
- Regulations (fire protection, security etc.)
Procedure and Range of Services
As early as when considering the purchase of a property, it is important to design the ownership company and its shareholding structure in such a way that all transparency and money laundering regulations are complied with. When structuring the transaction, one must not only take one's own compliance regulations into account, but also those of third parties: service providers, tenants and financiers must also comply with compliance regulations and cause considerable problems for the other parties involved if they violate them.
Range of Services
We help you, both in the purchase or financing review and in the drafting of lease and construction contracts, to take precautionary measures against:
- Inadmissible price agreements between your contract partner and third parties
- Unlawful granting of advantages to your employees and service providers by the contractual partner
- Illegal employment, violations of the minimum wage law, the law on the posting of workers and the SGB-IV
- Corruption, infidelity, fraud
- Improper handling of rental collateral
We advise investors on compliance risks in the areas of the environment, building regulations, construction planning law and proprietor and tenant law, the full implications of which can often only be assessed in their interaction with each other. We support foreign Ultimate Beneficial Owners in fulfilling their obligations to the transparency register, in compiling AML audit documents for contractual partners and in identifying and complying with relevant German legal provisions.