Risk advisory and compliance
The energy sector is undergoing major changes. The further conversion of energy supply to renewable energies, the expansion of electricity grids, the increase in energy efficiency and sector coupling are changing the market environment at a rapid pace. Renewable energies play a central role in this process. In addition to technical challenges, the generation capacities in this sector have to meet high legal requirements in particular.
In order to comply with the regulatory requirements of the energy industry law, the legislator essentially uses two mechanisms. These are, on the one hand, sanctions and, on the other, the loss of privileges (e.g. the EEG/KWKG apportionment privileges or the special equalisation scheme). The high density of regulations in conjunction with regular amendments to the law entail considerable challenges and risks for companies in the context of energy compliance.
The constantly growing number of reporting obligations and applications to be submitted makes it increasingly difficult for companies to meet all legal requirements in order to apply for or maintain subsidies in due time.
Approach and Range of Services
In order for a company to be able to meet the increasing demands of energy compliance, it is first necessary to check in which area of the energy value chain a company is active. This results in the responsibilities and deadlines to be met directly. In order to be compliant in the long term, we are at your side through our continuous monitoring.
Range of Services
In the field of energy law, we offer you the following services in particular:
- Examination of the applicable energy law regulations and requirements
- Identification of obligations, in particular reporting and notification obligations and the relevant deadlines
- Development of guidance to ensure continued compliance with applicable regulations
- Implementation of timely notifications
- Examination and optimization of existing structures
- Regular updates on innovations and changes in the very complex and constantly changing legal environment of energy law and corresponding adaptation of existing structures
- In-house trainings and newsletter
- Supervision of procedures for the EEG levy privilege for energy-intensive companies
- Conducting administrative and judicial proceedings in energy law