Our Brussels office
Fieldfisher (Belgium) LLP is a European law firm that offers its clients services in all areas of business law. Our specialty is our in-depth knowledge of certain key sectors of the economy, including information technology, media, life sciences, banking and finance, distribution and aerospace. We work for the most innovative, technologically advanced companies. We are proud of our values, respect, integrity, responsibility, and teamwork, of which diversity and inclusiveness is an integral part.Apply now
- Full diary management responsibilities including making appointments and organising meetings
- Full e-mail inbox management (manage and file e-mails), ensuring that urgent emails are promptly picked up by fee earners
- File management responsibilities. Opening and closing files including ensuring electronic filing systems are maintained accurately and up to date.
- Proactive client liaison including take messages, pass on information and deal with simple queries.
- Handling documents, some of which are large, making amendments and working to deadlines
- Manage the production of all documents, including restyling using house styles and client document styles, involving Document Specialists as required.
- Organising conference calls on behalf of the fee earners in a timely fashion.
- Organising transport, accommodation and related documentation for international travel as required.
- Prepare client registration documents, engagement/assignment letters, conflicts checks, money laundering and audit Letters, with direction from partner/fee earner.
- Work collaboratively with other secretarial support to provide a responsive and professional secretarial support service to fee earners and clients.
- Audio and copy typing of legal documentation and correspondence to a high standard.
- Maintain CRM by updating InterAction and maintaining fee earner contact lists and updating calendar invites with the correct BD information in collaboration with Marketing.
- Any additional ad hoc tasks as required
Key Skills & Experience
- Fluent in English and Dutch or French. Must possess excellent diary management, organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and build good relationships with clients and staff within the firm.
- Must work well as part of a team
- Microsoft Office IT skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook (Fieldfisher uses Microsoft 2010).
- Document or case management skills (Fieldfisher use Worksite).
- Must be a competent, fast and accurate typist.
- Good with technology (Fieldfisher use Legal360 for billing and Interaction as CRM)
be able to pre-empt and demonstrate initiative in ensuring the workload is
managed efficiently maintaining effective communication with the fee earner at
- Must have a ‘can do’ approach and be willing to develop the role to ensure a high level of unsupervised support as far as can be attainable is provided.
- Must be able to work autonomously and aim to resolve problems, identify solutions with minimum of supervision and directio
If you are interested, please send your application to email@example.com