In total, 10 practice areas rank higher than last year, 46 retain their ranking and 10 are ranked lower than in the 2020 guide. The remainder are new definitions or newly ranked categories.
Fieldfisher is top ranked in nine practice area categories:
- Administrative and public law
- Clinical negligence: claimant
- Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- IT and telecoms
- Personal injury: claimant
- Professional discipline
- Commercial litigation: Birmingham
- A change in category and some sterling work from the IP team resulted in Fieldfisher's rank in Intellectual Property: Trade Marks, Copyright and Design, rocketing up from Tier 4 to Tier 1 status.
- Derivatives and Structured Products; Oil and Gas; Tax Litigation and Investigations; Trade Finance; and Personal Injury And Clinical Negligence: Claimant all moved up one place to Tier 2.
- Emerging Markets and Employment: Manchester gained a place to rank Tier 3.
- International Arbitration, up one place, ranks in Tier 4.
- Corporate Restructuring& Insolvency moves up from Tier 8 to Tier 7.
Fieldfisher gained new rankings in Hedge Funds (Tier 2), Fund Finance (Tier 3), Securitisation (Tier 3) and Intellectual Property: Patents (Tier 4).
The Guide also recognises 15 Partners in its 'Hall of Fame'; 12 as 'Next Generation Partners'; 26 lawyers as 'Leading Individuals' and 11 'Rising Stars'.
Congratulations to all involved in this year's rankings. We will be highlighting some of the practice areas and individuals over the course of the next couple of weeks.
Sign up to our email digest
Click to subscribe or manage your email preferences.