Some highlights identified in the Report include the following:
- Helen Martin was appointed CEO in April 2019.
- There were over 10,000 charities on the Register of Charities at the end of 2019, with 845 organisations gaining charitable status during the year, and 130 charities removed from the Register.
- The Charities Regulator received 649 concerns about charities from the public.
- A national campaign was launched, supported by An Garda Síochána, to alert the public to bogus clothing collections in November/December 2019.
- The Charities Regulator hosted 8 public engagement meetings.
- The Charities Regulator published its second Statement of Strategy 2019-2021 in June 2019 –Statement of Strategy 2019-2021
Launching the Report, Joe O’Brien TD noted that it shows that the Charities Regulator’s work is increasing transparency and accountability in the sector. The Report can be accessed here- Annual Report 2019
A phased return to work is taking place in different sectors. Fieldfisher is committed to supporting you through the transition and beyond. We continue to be available to our clients either remotely or in person, with your business as usual matters, as well as for C-19 support. Please review our Covid-19 hub for updates and get in touch if you require further information.
Sign up to our email digest
Click to subscribe or manage your email preferences.