Our specialised Planning and Environmental team is ranked by Legal 500 and among our clients we count numerous statutory regulatory/licensing bodies with extensive functions in the planning and environmental law sphere. We also act for well -known social media sites and high street coffee chains as well as pharmaceutical, life sciences and medical devices companies, energy suppliers, banks and technology leaders. Clients choose to work with us because we deliver commercial, pragmatic and innovative solutions through our exceptional legal expertise and experience, on time and on budget.Apply now
Due to our continued growth and ambitious plans for the future, we have an immediate vacancy for an ambitious Associate Solicitor to join our highly regarded Planning and Environmental Law department comprising of 2 Partners, 2 Senior Associates, 2 Associates and 1 Solicitor. Applications are invited from solicitors or barristers with relevant experience.
In this role you will contribute towards a rewarding and varied caseload, including managing challenging litigation and advisory pieces of work, interacting with clients and attending court. You will be given ample autonomy in your role, in a supportive and collaborative team environment. The role requires provision of expert legal advice, underpinned by a sound commercial understanding of client needs and expectations.
This would be an ideal opportunity for someone who is keen to progress in a forward-thinking Firm and gain exposure to an exciting and varied range of work.
The successful candidate will gain invaluable experience in:
- Advising on challenges to planning decisions, including managing the defence of judicial review applications on behalf of statutory bodies. This will include instruction of Counsel, attending in Court and provision of strategic advices to clients;
- Managing Superior Court litigation including Court of Appeal, Supreme Court and CJEU matters;
- Provision of advices to regulatory/licensing bodies in respect of complex licensing/enforcement queries, including advising on the framing and enforcement of licence conditions;
- Advising licensing bodies on their enforcement powers, including prosecution of offences in the District Court. This involves drafting of charges, provision of strategic advices to clients, advocating in Court without the engagement of Counsel, and instruction of Counsel in appropriate cases;
- Advising on statutory interpretation in respect of all planning and environmental legislation;
- Managing a large caseload of complex planning/environmental files in an efficient, practical and client focussed manner;
- Advising on legal developments and trends both, nationally and internationally, in planning and environmental law;
- Assisting in business development, including speaking at seminars and presenting to clients and potential clients.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- 3+ years' experience in a relevant field (although all suitably qualified, including more experienced and junior candidates will be fully considered);
- Litigation experience, particularly in the field of judicial review;
- A strong commercial focus and business acumen;
- Ability to foster trusted relationships with our clients;
- Excellent drafting skills and attention to detail;
- Strong organisational and time management skills;
- Team player with strong communication skills and ambitions to progress their career;
- An excellent work ethic with a positive ‘can do’ attitude and approach to work.