Why choose our Patent lawyers?
For many years, we have represented companies in patent litigation in particular. Our lawyers have extensive practical experience with German and foreign jurisdictions and regularly coordinate multinational Patent Litigation. Through our cooperation with our European offices and other renowned partner law firms, you can rely on seamless international advice.
We advise clients on the risks of patent infringement through newly developed products, the validity of possibly critical patents and the prospects of success in declaring them ineffective.
We assess the scope of patents, their enforceability and their importance to your business objectives, and show you what to look out for in mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and financings.
Fieldfisher lawyers have drafted and negotiated numerous international research and development contracts and technology transfer agreements, and are well acquainted with the peculiarities of the various legal cultures.
Our patents team has substantial industry-focused expertise across a wide-range of industry sectors including Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology, High Tech, Telecommunications Engineering and Consumer goods, to assist clients in identifying, capturing, protecting and exploiting their innovations.
The services we provide include
- Enforcing patents in and out of court
- Challenges to third-party patents and utility models including nullity actions, cancellation proceedings and opposition proceedings
- Patent validity, infringement clearance searches and freedom to operate opinions
- Developing and implementing international patent litigation strategies
- Patent entitlement cases
- Cases on employee’s remuneration for patented inventions
- Portfolio evaluations and due diligence
- Mediation and arbitration proceedings
- All types of technology transfer agreements, including manufacturing, research and development agreements