Our cross-practice European Advanced Media and Technology group forms a core part of our Technology, Media and Communications group and provides practical, expert and pro-active advice to clients building rapid-growth businesses in the advanced media and technology sectors.
Clients range from dynamic and entrepreneurial businesses to high-profile international, household names. They include: media and entertainment companies, digital media and ecommerce players, internet and mobile service providers, online retailers, adtech businesses, big data and data analytics businesses, software and web services providers, computer and consumer device manufacturers, computer and video games developers, telecommunications, infrastructure and technology service providers, cleantech companies, telehealthcare providers, and financial services businesses and other major users of internet, digital media, technology and communications products and services.
We work closely with our clients to help structure, launch, finance, grow and sustain highly successful enterprises in dynamically evolving, competitive environments. We are recognised as market leaders and deliver the support and advice needed to keep our clients a step ahead of the game.
Our cross-practice European and international capabilities enable us to support our clients in areas including corporate finance, digital media, ecommerce and technology, intellectual property, tax, employment and employee incentives, privacy and data protection, competition, and regulation. Our multi-disciplinary and international reach enables us to deliver unparalleled service and cutting-edge advice whatever the scope and complexity of the project.
Notable deals / highlights
- Advising Facebook to devise and implement a data protection public policy outreach strategy, including the provision of advice in connection with EU data protection legislative reform.
- Represented Amazon in its successful defence of litigation regarding user generated content.
- Advising Netflix on international consumer contracting, privacy and other matters.
- Advised Tictrac, the pioneering creator of the highly-praised quantitative-self online dashboard service, on its early-stage funding rounds and a range of commercial and regulatory matters.
- Advised a high-profile venture making online TV content available to consumers across all aspects of its operations, including platform design and development, technology and software procurement, content licensing and distribution, e-commerce and privacy.