Rail is a dynamic industry which contributes both economic and social benefits. After years of decline, the sector is now very much at the centre of Government's plans to rebalance the economy and also to create a low carbon economy and environment.
Our rail team supports public and private sector clients on projects ranging from the biggest, most complex and high profile commercial deals and franchise, rolling stock manufacturing and leasing arrangements through to the introduction and deployment of innovative technology. The breadth and depth of our experience enables us to provide excellence and 'safe hands' delivery together with insight and innovation.
Drawing on many years' experience in rail projects, our lawyers apply their in-depth understanding of the industry and its dynamics in their work across the sector including specialist issues such as the Railways Pension Scheme . We create effective frameworks for today's opportunities and robust solutions to tomorrow's challenges.
Our lawyers love what they do and we win awards for the quality of our advice and clear service. That means that our clients get:
- legal support that is focused on risk management and project delivery
- outstanding transaction management
- lawyers who help get the deal done.
- We advised the Department for Transport in relation to Stagecoach South West Trains' procurement of 30 five-carriage Desiro trains from manufacturer Siemens. The new trains will deliver a much-needed enhancement to capacity on services at South West Trains and will come into service in 2017-2018.
- We are advising the Department for Transport on the Stagecoach South West Trains franchise direct award.
- We have advised many TOCs and service providers on the development, launch and roll out of innovative smart and mobile ticketing services.