The complexities of modern real estate finance transactions and the speed at which they need to be undertaken means that any professional adviser working on such transactions needs to have a recognised strength and depth across real estate, finance, derivatives, tax, regulatory planning and construction. Fieldfisher has a recognised strength and depth in all these areas and has undertaken real estate finance transactions over 25 years to an increasing wide variety of both lender and borrower clients.
Our breadth and depth of experience allows Fieldfisher to be able to accommodate the increasing demands and time scales of real estate finance transactions and to be able to provide commercially orientated solutions to issues which arise. Fieldfisher undertakes a wide variety of real estate finance transactions and has a particular recognised experience in healthcare finance including the funding of the acquisition and development of care homes, private hospitals, "assisted living" schemes and retirement villages. It has the added advantage (which is recognised in the market) of acting for the Care Quality Commission. We also have a recognised expertise in the hotel sector and in acting for banks providing finance in connection with the acquisition and/or development of hotels whether in the UK or abroad.
Notable deals / highlights
- Acting for the senior lender on the refinancing of a £100,000,000 multi-let retail/warehouse scheme in the UK, the borrower being an investment vehicle managed by a UK based asset manager backed with sovereign wealth from the Middle East.
- Acting for the senior lender on the senior/mezzanine financing of the acquisition of a £155,000,000 property in Hanover Square, London by Indiabulls Real Estate.
- Acting for a US bank financing the purchase of a leading London hotel for over £100,000,000 by an overseas investor.
- Acting for a UK healthcare group on the planned exit by its private equity backer and simultaneous leveraged buyout by management, a US REIT and a US healthcare provider.
- Acting for Lloyds Bank on a number of healthcare and hotel transactions.
- Acting for the Bank of Ireland in connection with a major facility to a well known private healthcare group.
- Acting for Capita Corporate Trustees Limited and More London Holdings (UK) Limited as a seller of a disposal of the whole of More London Estate and the related repayment of the debt of financing arrangements including the Epic (More London) Plc commercial mortgage backed securitisation.