Shaheen Mosquera, Solicitor
Shaheen Mosquera is a Solicitor in the Asbestos Claims team and has been representing victims of asbestos exposure and in particular those diagnosed with mesothelioma for the last 5 years.
Shaheen's recent cases include:-
- Local authority settles for £160,000 in carpenters mesothelioma claim
- Compensation awarded to typist who had no idea that she was exposed to asbestos
- Victory for apprentice marine engine fitter after exposure to asbestos between 1954 to 1959
- Carpenter told by local Kent solicitors that he didn't have a case recovers substantial compensation
- 1950's Glass Bender secures DMPS award after insurer denies fault
- £190,000.00 secured for Kathleen after she was exposed to asbestos when working with fume cupboards
- £237,500.00 recovered for Midland bank manager exposed to asbestos in dusty claustrophobic basements
- Successful claim against Wades Departmental Store. Shaheen acted for a gentleman who was employed as a furniture repairer whose job also included maintaining and repairing a sectional boiler which was lagged with asbestos. The claim settled 1 day before the trial.
- Shaheen recovered £440,000 for a Widow whose husband had been employed as a lighting technician in the film industry. The claim was against Balfour Beatty and included recovering almost £20,000 for a local hospice and also for the Deceased's earnings beyond retirement age.
- Settled claim against the Watford Timber Company on behalf of the family of a carpenter and joiner. The Deceased had been exposed to asbestos in the 1950s but the company denied using or selling asbestos. Liability was disputed throughout and the solicitors even suggested that the claim be discontinued. Extensive investigations were carried out and Shaheen found an advert in the local paper from 1953 which confirmed that the company had in fact sold asbestos materials in the 1950s. The case settled one day before trial.
Shaheen is also involved in giving educational talks to hospices.
If you would like to discuss a potential case with Shaheen, please don’t hesitate to call her on
T: 020 7861 4393 or,
E: email Shaheen.Mosquera@fieldfisher.com