Caron Heyes, Senior Associate
Caron is a solicitor in our Clinical Negligence team in London. She has pursued clinical negligence claims on behalf of patients across a broad spectrum of claim types, including obstetrics and gynaecology, neonatology, oncology, cardiology, Emergency, fertility and patient rights. Caron has a particular expertise in complex neonatal, obstetric, surgical mismanagement and accident claims and is experienced in providing advice and representation at inquests.
The Legal 500, and Chambers, UK, a Client's Guide to the Legal Profession, have repeatedly recognised Caron's expertise as a leader in the field of Clinical negligence, and recommended her as an "experienced, adept and supportive lawyer" and "a star associate".
What the leading legal directories say about Caron
- Chambers 2015 says
- Caron Heyes is a "very capable" associate who "always provides a first-class service." Sources are impressed by her tenacity, drafting and client care skills. She joined the firm from Blake Morgan in 2014 where she acted on behalf of two individuals in connection with a fatal accident claim brought against Tees, Esk & Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust.
- Chambers 2016 says
- Senior associate Caron Heyes recently joined the team and continues to litigate complex and valuable clinical negligence claims, especially those concerning birth injury. “I have always been impressed with her knowledge,” comments one source, “counsel advises on what the case is worth and she goes away and doubles it.”
During the last 12 months Caron has:
- Obtained an anonymity order protecting the privacy of a family whose private details were of interest to the press because their second child was born due to errors in labelling sperm they were using during an IVF procedure
- Obtained a financial settlement in 6 figures for the above
- Settled a case for the disabled daughter of a mum who died following substandard mental health treatment in the sum of £900000
- Settled a case for a patient whose ulcerative colitis condition was very badly mismanaged, so that he was left with permanent subfertility and sexual dysfunction in the sum of £315,000, a large sum of which was for fertility treatment
- Obtained an admission of liability in a birth injury claim, where the child was severely brain injured during labour and his parents have also suffered psychological injuries
- Obtained an admission of liability in a neonatal injury claim, and obtained a £500,000 interim payment on account of damages which is being used to fund care and accommodation needs
Caron's Recent Cases
Carons Most recent case of the £13m care payout for a Walsall boy who was left brain damaged at birth gained national coverage in:
Carons recent case of Gillian Nelson reached national coverage. The case was reported in:
- The Evening Standard
- The Daily Mail
- The Mail Online
- The Mirror
- The Sunday Times
- The Oxford Mail
Caron's case of a grandmother (a gastric band patient) whol lost five fingers after hospital blunders was published in:
Caron's other cases have also been reported on in the regional and national press, including:
Caron is a member of the Law Society Clinical Negligence Accreditation Panel, and of APIL and regularly delivers legal training in person, and by webinar, which she devises and presents.
Contact Caron Heyes
If you would like to discuss a potential case with Caron, please don’t hesitate to contact hervia any of the below.