Christina Gardiner, Solicitor
Christina Gardiner graduated with a First Class law degree before qualifying as a Solicitor specialising in medical negligence claims.
She recently joined the Medical Negligence team at Fieldfisher having previously worked at another leading specialist Medical Negligence practice for several years.
Christina has successfully represented Claimants regarding an extensive range of medical negligence claims including birth injury claims, claims relating to delay in diagnosis and negligent orthopaedic claims amongst others.
Christina also specialises in dental negligence claims including delay in diagnosis of oral cancer and cosmetic negligence claims. Christina has worked very closely with several dental and cosmetic organisations including Mouth Cancer Foundation, the UK's leading oral cancer charity. Christina also prepared several articles for Mouth Cancer Foundation aimed at promoting patient safety. Christina is passionate about social responsibility and has led many responsibility projects.
Christina has significant experience of bringing claims in both the public and private sector including claims against NHS Trusts, general practitioners, dental practitioners and cosmetic surgeons.
Christina has successfully represented many Claimants and works tirelessly to secure compensation for her clients with the aim of funding rehabilitation to help restore her client's health, independence and quality of life.
Christina's Recent Recoveries:
- Recovered over £200,000 for a fatal case relating to a delay in diagnosing meningitis.
- Recovered in excess of £55,000 for a Claimant who experienced substandard cosmetic dental treatment including substandard veneers and crowns.
- Multiple recoveries for Claimants who have experienced negligent dental treatment leading to nerve injury as a consequence of substandard tooth extraction and negligent implant surgery; recoveries ranging between £30,000 - £40,000.
- Successfully represented a widow of a man who had experienced a delay in diagnosis of cancer.
- Successfully represented a Claimant at trial regarding a substandard procedure to treat an abdominal aortic aneurysm.
- Successfully represented several Claimants who have experienced negligent cosmetic surgery including substandard breast augmentation and substandard breast reduction procedures, settlements ranging up to £40,000.
- Assisted on several successful multi-million pound birth injury claims.
- Admission of liability on an orthopaedic case relating to substandard hip replacement surgery and securing interim payments to assist with rehabilitation.
- Successfully represented a group action of dental patients who had received substandard veneers.
- Successfully represented a Claimant who experienced a delay in diagnosis of an ectopic pregnancy.