Law & Ethics Conference
Law and Ethics in ITU
Exeter College, Oxford
Friday 16 March 2012 9:30 – 18:00 (Registration from 8:30)
Fieldfisher is proud to have supported this one-day conference on Law and Ethics in ITU.
The conference was organised jointly by Dr Andrew Lawson, Medical Ethicist, author and Hon Sen Lecturer Medical Ethics at Imperial College and Mr Jon Herring, Law Fellow, Faculty of Law, Exeter College, Oxford. Field Fisher Waterhouse sponsored the Keynote Speaker, Professor Charles Sprung of Hadassah Hebrew University, Jerusalem.
Paul McNeil, Head of our Medical Negligence & Personal Injury Department also spoke at the conference.
Eminent in the fields of ethics, medicine and law, speakers presented and engaged on currently debated issues in intensive care.
The Keynote Speaker, Professor Charles Sprung, is an Intensivist and Ethicist at the Department of Anaesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine at Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Centre, Jerusalem.
The other speakers included:
- Mr Paul McNeil, Head of Medical Negligence and Personal Injury, Fieldfisher, London
- Dr Paul Farquhar-Smith, Consultant in Intensive Care, Royal Marsden Hospital, London
- Mr Jon Herring, Fellow in Law, Faculty of Law, Exeter College, Oxford
- Professor Chris Newdick, Faculty of Law, Reading University
- Mr Charles Foster, Barrister, Outer Temple Chambers, London
- Professor Richard Ashcroft, Professor of Ethics, Queen Mary College, London University
- Dominic Bell, Consultant in Neuro Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Leeds Teaching Hospitals Trust
- Dr Andrew Lawson, Hon Sen Lecturer Medical Ethics, Imperial College London and Clinical Ethicist, Royal Berkshire NHS Hospital
For full details on the conference please visit Dr Andrew Lawson's website.
Please see here for the slides from the conference.