Jeffery Plumb was a toolmaker employed by Skefco, which later became SKF (UK) Ltd, from 1969 until 1999 when he took early retirement. Sadly he contracted mesothelioma which was diagnosed in July 2013 when he was 75 years old.
He instructed Caroline Pinfold to claim against those employers because he believed that he had been exposed to asbestos at their factory in Sundon Park, Luton when assisting during the annual maintenance shutdowns between 1974 and 1985.
The company denied liability but settled the claim in full. The money was paid to Mr Plumb during his lifetime but sadly he passed away shortly after the settlement.
He was able to remain at home until he passed away, which had been his wish.
Contact us on freephone 0800 358 3848
Or start your claim online.
Fieldfisher is: ‘a firm full of the highest quality lawyers in the field' and has an 'outstanding depth of expertise’ - Legal 500 2015, Awarded Top Tier
"The group is praised for its commitment to 'demystifying the legal process' while this is a firm for which the client has always been a priority"
Fieldfisher's Personal Injury and Medical Negligence solicitors are proudly listed as 'Super Lawyers' in both on-line and off-line printed publishings.
Fieldfisher has successfully been recognised as an "Occupation and Asbestos Disease Specialists" Fieldfisher are now recognised as assessors
Fieldfisher are signatories of the Ethical Marketing Charter demonstrating our commitment to responsible, transparent and professional marketing.
Fieldfisher has been named as the winners of the Legal 500 United Kingdom 2015: *Claimant Clinical Negligence Award*. Testament to our expertise.
Substantial claim for widow of perfectionist whose work maintaining their home was almost irreplaceable
The Sun reports on Keith Barrett's case of Richard Giles, who died after being electrocuted when his lorry hit 11,000 volt cables