Alan Toms was exposed to asbestos as an apprentice plumbing and heating engineer by H Willsmore in the late 1960s and by R B Plant Installation Limited in the early 1980s. Tragically he died from mesothelioma as a result of these exposures in September 2013 at the age of 63.
Alan had been running his own successful business when he began to suffer the effects of mesothelioma. He had hoped to pass on his knowledge and experience to his sons and daughter so that the business could continue but sadly this was not possible. It was not possible to carry on the business without his extensive skill and experience and his widow, who had been a partner, suffered financial loss as a result.
"We would like to thank you for dealing with this claim. We have found you to be a compassionate and professional lawyer who has shown us kindness throughout this difficult period in our lives. This money cannot replace Alan, however it does ensure financial security for the future."
Contact us on freephone 0800 358 3848
Or start your claim online.
"The group is praised for its commitment to 'demystifying the legal process' while this is a firm for which the client has always been a priority"
Fieldfisher has successfully been recognised as an "Occupation and Asbestos Disease Specialists" Fieldfisher are now recognised as assessors
Charities we support
Mesothelioma claim against CEGB settled within three months
Andrew Morgan successfully settled an asbestos claim for £140,000 on behalf of his client within three months of instruction.
Fieldfisher bring first successful Asbestolux product liability claim in UK - another landmark case for mesothelioma sufferers
Caroline Pinfold has brought the first successful asbestos product liability claim in the UK.
Fieldfisher out in support of Action Mesothelioma Day 2017
Fieldfisher was out in support of Action Mesothelioma Day on Friday 7th July. This is an annual event that takes place nationally as a tribute to those that have been affected by mesothelioma and as a way to raise awareness of the disease.
Fieldfisher hosts successful conference for practitioners working with people suffering catastrophic neurological injury
The Sun reports on Keith Barrett's case of Richard Giles, who died after being electrocuted when his lorry hit 11,000 volt cables
Arti Shah comments in the Evening Standard about her client's case in which their husband died of a heart attack after being told to take Gaviscon