We acted in August 2007 on this living mesothelioma claim. What was probably the Phillip's most substantial exposure to asbestos dust took place when he worked for Aish & Company as an electrician between about 1961/62 and 1966. It was not, however, possible to pursue a claim against this company as it was dissolved and we were unable to identify the relevant liability insurers.
On questioning him further, Phillip remembered that he probably had reasonably substantial exposure to asbestos working for a previous employer, Airwork Services, between around 1959 and 1961. When doing electrical work as part of alterations to offices, he worked near ceiling tile fixers who cut and fitted tiles which contained asbestos and near pipe fitters who were fitting new radiators and who stripped asbestos lagging from pipes before re-lagging pipes with preformed asbestos sections.
The successor to Airwork was still in existence and, although its relevant insurers were never identified, the company’s accounts indicated that it had sufficient assets to pay any damages awarded. Proceedings were issued in March 2008. Although Airwork strongly defended the case, settlement was eventually reached the day before the case was due to be heard in court, for £463,000, in October 2008.
If you have been exposed to asbestos and would like further information please contact us by one of the following:
- You can speak to any member of our mesothelioma and asbestos team on freephone 0800 358 3848
- e-Mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or,
- Complete our short enquiry form.
Contact us on freephone 0800 358 3848
Or start your claim online.
Fieldfisher is: ‘a firm full of the highest quality lawyers in the field' and has an 'outstanding depth of expertise’ - Legal 500 2015, Awarded Top Tier
"The group is praised for its commitment to 'demystifying the legal process' while this is a firm for which the client has always been a priority"
Fieldfisher's Personal Injury and Medical Negligence solicitors are proudly listed as 'Super Lawyers' in both on-line and off-line printed publishings.
Fieldfisher has successfully been recognised as an "Occupation and Asbestos Disease Specialists" Fieldfisher are now recognised as assessors
Fieldfisher are signatories of the Ethical Marketing Charter demonstrating our commitment to responsible, transparent and professional marketing.
Fieldfisher has been named as the winners of the Legal 500 United Kingdom 2015: *Claimant Clinical Negligence Award*. Testament to our expertise.
Substantial claim for widow of perfectionist whose work maintaining their home was almost irreplaceable
The Sun reports on Keith Barrett's case of Richard Giles, who died after being electrocuted when his lorry hit 11,000 volt cables