Mr Parsons was exposed when he worked for Anchor Insulations Company Limited, a well known lagging firm, between about 1950 and 1958. He was exposed for a much shorter period with Kitsons, another well known lagging firm. He was then employed by Ford Motor Company Limited.
Mr Parsons’ family had kept Apprenticeship records proving that Mr Parsons started working for Anchor Insulations as a lagger in October 1950. They also found a 1964 letter from Ford Motor Company Limited which confirmed that he worked there as a lagger, and that he had been working as a lagger previously. Another letter in the medical records confirmed that even as late as 1976 Mr Parsons was being exposed to asbestos whilst working at Fords as a lagger.
Using these documents Andrew Morgan was able to prove that Mr Parsons had been exposed to asbestos for more than 25 years. As a result, the Defendants accepted that the asbestos exposure caused the lung cancer even though Mr Parsons had been a smoker. Mrs Parsons accepted a settlement offer of £90,000.
Contact us on freephone 0800 358 3848
Or start your claim online.
Fieldfisher is: ‘a firm full of the highest quality lawyers in the field' and has an 'outstanding depth of expertise’ - Legal 500 2015, Awarded Top Tier
"The group is praised for its commitment to 'demystifying the legal process' while this is a firm for which the client has always been a priority"
Fieldfisher's Personal Injury and Medical Negligence solicitors are proudly listed as 'Super Lawyers' in both on-line and off-line printed publishings.
Fieldfisher has successfully been recognised as an "Occupation and Asbestos Disease Specialists" Fieldfisher are now recognised as assessors
Fieldfisher are signatories of the Ethical Marketing Charter demonstrating our commitment to responsible, transparent and professional marketing.
Fieldfisher has been named as the winners of the Legal 500 United Kingdom 2015: *Claimant Clinical Negligence Award*. Testament to our expertise.
Substantial claim for widow of perfectionist whose work maintaining their home was almost irreplaceable
The Sun reports on Keith Barrett's case of Richard Giles, who died after being electrocuted when his lorry hit 11,000 volt cables