Costello v Newham Borough Council
Her son, Mark, had worked as an apprentice plumber for Newham Borough Council between 1980 and 1985. He recalled working with asbestos by occasionally stripping it from pipe work, taking out bath panels and crawling along spaces which contained asbestos laden pipe work, leaving debris on his overalls. He took his overalls home where his mother shook them outside the back door. She was thereby exposed to the dust.
Peter issued proceedings against Newham Borough Council and obtained witness evidence from Mark’s work colleagues to confirm that asbestos exposure did indeed occur with the Council at this relatively late stage. Despite the fact that June would have been exposed to relatively small amounts of asbestos, proceedings were issued and the case pursued to a speedy trial. The case was settled at full value three days before the hearing. The case was conducted under a “no win, no fee” agreement at no cost to June.
You can discuss your mesothelioma compensation claim with any member of our mesothelioma claims team by calling freephone 0800 358 3848, email email@example.com or complete our short enquiry form.
Contact us on freephone 0800 358 3848
Or start your claim online.
Fieldfisher is: ‘a firm full of the highest quality lawyers in the field' and has an 'outstanding depth of expertise’ - Legal 500 2015, Awarded Top Tier
"The group is praised for its commitment to 'demystifying the legal process' while this is a firm for which the client has always been a priority"
Fieldfisher's Personal Injury and Medical Negligence solicitors are proudly listed as 'Super Lawyers' in both on-line and off-line printed publishings.
Fieldfisher has successfully been recognised as an "Occupation and Asbestos Disease Specialists" Fieldfisher are now recognised as assessors
Fieldfisher are signatories of the Ethical Marketing Charter demonstrating our commitment to responsible, transparent and professional marketing.
Fieldfisher has been named as the winners of the Legal 500 United Kingdom 2015: *Claimant Clinical Negligence Award*. Testament to our expertise.
Substantial claim for widow of perfectionist whose work maintaining their home was almost irreplaceable
The Sun reports on Keith Barrett's case of Richard Giles, who died after being electrocuted when his lorry hit 11,000 volt cables