Tony Andreetti was exposed to asbestos whilst working as an apprentice electrician for City Electrical (CEC) Limited at various sites around London between 1961 and 1967. He was diagnosed with mesothelioma in May 2012 as a result of this.
The company no longer exists but Caroline Pinfold. who conducted his claim for compensation, was able to obtain an admission of liability from the current ultimate holding company AMEC Plc. Interim payments were obtained to enable Tony to pay for expenses resulting from the asbestos-related condition and also to go on cruises with his family whilst he felt well enough to do so. The photograph was taken during one of those cruises.
Sadly Tony's wife had breast cancer and passed away in March 2013. The mesothelioma prevented Tony from making arrangements with various care services on behalf of his wife as he would have wished and the claim included the cost of a case manager to make the necessary arrangements on his behalf.
The claim settled during Tony's life which has enabled him to make arrangements on how he wishes to use the money.
"Caroline was always available throughout the litigation process. She was polite, sensitive and professional in her conduct. My best interests were her prime concern."
If you have been exposed to asbestos and would like further information please contact us by one of the following:
Contact us on freephone 0800 358 3848
Or start your claim online.
Fieldfisher is: ‘a firm full of the highest quality lawyers in the field' and has an 'outstanding depth of expertise’ - Legal 500 2015, Awarded Top Tier
"The group is praised for its commitment to 'demystifying the legal process' while this is a firm for which the client has always been a priority"
Fieldfisher's Personal Injury and Medical Negligence solicitors are proudly listed as 'Super Lawyers' in both on-line and off-line printed publishings.
Fieldfisher has successfully been recognised as an "Occupation and Asbestos Disease Specialists" Fieldfisher are now recognised as assessors
Fieldfisher are signatories of the Ethical Marketing Charter demonstrating our commitment to responsible, transparent and professional marketing.
Fieldfisher has been named as the winners of the Legal 500 United Kingdom 2015: *Claimant Clinical Negligence Award*. Testament to our expertise.
Substantial claim for widow of perfectionist whose work maintaining their home was almost irreplaceable
The Sun reports on Keith Barrett's case of Richard Giles, who died after being electrocuted when his lorry hit 11,000 volt cables
Arti Shah comments in the Evening Standard about her client's case in which their husband died of a heart attack after being told to take Gaviscon