Peter Williams acted for Mr B of Penzance, Cornwall. He instructed Fieldfisher in October 2012 following his diagnosis of mesothelioma. Mr B has spent his early life as an electrician working for the Southwest Electricity Board (SWEB) and remembered in the 1970s working in the boiler room at West Cornwall Hospital in Penzance where asbestos lagged pipe work was cut down. He also recalled servicing "Constor" service heaters.
Peter was aware that these heaters contained asbestos blocks from a previous case against their manufacturers Parkinson Cowan. He was able to source service manuals from the early 1970s from his previous case conducted over 10 years ago; these proved that the service heaters contained asbestos.
The research enabled SWEBs successors to make an early admission of liability. The case was settled for £320,000 in compensation within five months of Peter being instructed.
After the case was concluded, Mr B said:
"Peter was efficient. He handled the case relatively quickly; in a professional and straightforward manner."
Contact us on freephone 0800 358 3848
Or start your claim online.
Fieldfisher is: ‘a firm full of the highest quality lawyers in the field' and has an 'outstanding depth of expertise’ - Legal 500 2015, Awarded Top Tier
"The group is praised for its commitment to 'demystifying the legal process' while this is a firm for which the client has always been a priority"
Fieldfisher's Personal Injury and Medical Negligence solicitors are proudly listed as 'Super Lawyers' in both on-line and off-line printed publishings.
Fieldfisher has successfully been recognised as an "Occupation and Asbestos Disease Specialists" Fieldfisher are now recognised as assessors
Fieldfisher are signatories of the Ethical Marketing Charter demonstrating our commitment to responsible, transparent and professional marketing.
Fieldfisher has been named as the winners of the Legal 500 United Kingdom 2015: *Claimant Clinical Negligence Award*. Testament to our expertise.
Substantial claim for widow of perfectionist whose work maintaining their home was almost irreplaceable
The Sun reports on Keith Barrett's case of Richard Giles, who died after being electrocuted when his lorry hit 11,000 volt cables
Arti Shah comments in the Evening Standard about her client's case in which their husband died of a heart attack after being told to take Gaviscon