Michael Morton was exposed to asbestos when working as a self-employed carpenter and joiner under the supervision of D J Higgins & Sons Ltd. He had to cut up sheets of asbestos during the construction of a primary school in Ilford, Essex from about 1973 to 1974. Although he was not a direct employee, Higgins Construction PLC, the successors to the contractors accepted liability for his mesothelioma and paid compensation during his lifetime. He is now aged 66 and the money will enable him to pay for others to carry out repairs to his property that he would have carried out himself if he had not contracted mesothelioma.
Michael thanked Caroline Pinfold for obtaining the compensation for him and said he appreciated her "friendly but professional help in achieving the outcome."
Contact us on freephone 0800 358 3848
Or start your claim online.
Fieldfisher is: ‘a firm full of the highest quality lawyers in the field' and has an 'outstanding depth of expertise’ - Legal 500 2015, Awarded Top Tier
"The group is praised for its commitment to 'demystifying the legal process' while this is a firm for which the client has always been a priority"
Fieldfisher's Personal Injury and Medical Negligence solicitors are proudly listed as 'Super Lawyers' in both on-line and off-line printed publishings.
Fieldfisher has successfully been recognised as an "Occupation and Asbestos Disease Specialists" Fieldfisher are now recognised as assessors
Fieldfisher are signatories of the Ethical Marketing Charter demonstrating our commitment to responsible, transparent and professional marketing.
Fieldfisher has been named as the winners of the Legal 500 United Kingdom 2015: *Claimant Clinical Negligence Award*. Testament to our expertise.
Substantial claim for widow of perfectionist whose work maintaining their home was almost irreplaceable
The Sun reports on Keith Barrett's case of Richard Giles, who died after being electrocuted when his lorry hit 11,000 volt cables