A factory fire in a Wiltshire town has resulted in a processing oven at the site being sealed up because it was found to contain asbestos.
Firefighters noticed the machine contained the deadly mineral and actioned a higher-scale response because of the danger posed.
The fire broke out at a factory in Westbury run by Audience Systems, which makes stadium seats. The plant was built in 1985.
When the processing oven caught fire, the building in Washington Road, West Wilts Trading Estate, was evacuated.
Two fire engines from Trowbridge and one from Warminster initially attended, and emergency workers discovered asbestos in the oven which triggered a major response because of the safety risk.
The building was then checked for traces of asbestos by inspectors.
Audience Systems managing director Mark Cowley said the damaged machine was sealed up and that staff had returned to work following safety checks being carried out.
He said: "The building has been handed back to us and we have made alternative paint coating arrangements for the foreseeable future."
Contact us on freephone 0800 358 3848
Or start your claim online.
Fieldfisher is: ‘a firm full of the highest quality lawyers in the field' and has an 'outstanding depth of expertise’ - Legal 500 2015, Awarded Top Tier
"The group is praised for its commitment to 'demystifying the legal process' while this is a firm for which the client has always been a priority"
Fieldfisher's Personal Injury and Medical Negligence solicitors are proudly listed as 'Super Lawyers' in both on-line and off-line printed publishings.
Fieldfisher has successfully been recognised as an "Occupation and Asbestos Disease Specialists" Fieldfisher are now recognised as assessors
Fieldfisher are signatories of the Ethical Marketing Charter demonstrating our commitment to responsible, transparent and professional marketing.
Fieldfisher has been named as the winners of the Legal 500 United Kingdom 2015: *Claimant Clinical Negligence Award*. Testament to our expertise.
Substantial claim for widow of perfectionist whose work maintaining their home was almost irreplaceable
The Sun reports on Keith Barrett's case of Richard Giles, who died after being electrocuted when his lorry hit 11,000 volt cables