Brent v Cape Insulation Ltd
For about a year in 1966-67 Brent was employed by Cape as a centre lathe turner in the maintenance department at their notorious Barking factory. He wiped asbestos dust off parts of machinery before repairing them. Fitters who were covered with dust used to come into his workshop. When Cape was shutting the factory down in 1967, employees who had been clearing out the main building chucked broken asbestos boards into a nearby skip.
Just before Christmas 2007 Brent, then aged 66, became very short of breath. After a biopsy was performed in the London Chest Hospital, he was told in March 2008 that he had mesothelioma. He instructed Rodney Nelson-Jones who three months later recovered £130,000 damages for him.
Contact us on freephone 0800 358 3848
Or start your claim online.
Fieldfisher is: ‘a firm full of the highest quality lawyers in the field' and has an 'outstanding depth of expertise’ - Legal 500 2015, Awarded Top Tier
"The group is praised for its commitment to 'demystifying the legal process' while this is a firm for which the client has always been a priority"
Fieldfisher's Personal Injury and Medical Negligence solicitors are proudly listed as 'Super Lawyers' in both on-line and off-line printed publishings.
Fieldfisher has successfully been recognised as an "Occupation and Asbestos Disease Specialists" Fieldfisher are now recognised as assessors
Fieldfisher are signatories of the Ethical Marketing Charter demonstrating our commitment to responsible, transparent and professional marketing.
Fieldfisher has been named as the winners of the Legal 500 United Kingdom 2015: *Claimant Clinical Negligence Award*. Testament to our expertise.
Substantial claim for widow of perfectionist whose work maintaining their home was almost irreplaceable
The Sun reports on Keith Barrett's case of Richard Giles, who died after being electrocuted when his lorry hit 11,000 volt cables