We took an ear, nose and throat negligence claim for Carl who was left blind following a haemorrhage during surgery to drain his sinuses at the Royal Throat, Nose and Ear Hospital in London. Carl accepted £320,000 damages for his injuries.
Carl was referred to the National Hospital by his GP, with a history of severe frontal headaches and narrowing and blurred vision.
It was decided that the headaches were caused by his sinuses and he underwent an operation to drain his sinuses at the Royal National Throat, Nose and Ear Hospital in London.
Carl bled a lot during and after the surgery. He was re-admitted to theatre for re-exploration of the right orbit which had haemorrhaged and decompressed. The haemorrhage was eventually stemmed.
The surgery left Carl blind in his right eye as the haemorrhage and decompression damaged his optic nerve. He already had poor vision in his left eye due to an unrelated condition and as a result is considered legally blind. He is no longer able to work and he suffered emotionally as a result of the loss of his sight.
Contact us on freephone 0800 358 3848
Or start your claim online.
Fieldfisher is: ‘a firm full of the highest quality lawyers in the field' and has an 'outstanding depth of expertise’ - Legal 500 2015, Awarded Top Tier
"The group is praised for its commitment to 'demystifying the legal process' while this is a firm for which the client has always been a priority"
Fieldfisher's Personal Injury and Medical Negligence solicitors are proudly listed as 'Super Lawyers' in both on-line and off-line printed publishings.
Fieldfisher has successfully been recognised as an "Occupation and Asbestos Disease Specialists" Fieldfisher are now recognised as assessors
Fieldfisher are signatories of the Ethical Marketing Charter demonstrating our commitment to responsible, transparent and professional marketing.
Fieldfisher has been named as the winners of the Legal 500 United Kingdom 2015: *Claimant Clinical Negligence Award*. Testament to our expertise.
Merton Council accepts liability for death of teacher who was exposed to asbestos in Mitcham's St Thomas of Canterbury Middle School
The Telegraph reports on the Bedside cot that's still on sale after death of seven-week-old baby Grace Roseman
The Sun reports on Jill Greenfield's case of Grace Roseman who was tragically killed by the“dangerous” Bednest cot in April last year