We pursued an anaesthetics negligence claim for Ron's family. Ron was left in a coma and never recovered after an anaesthetists blunder during by-pass surgery.
Ron had heart bypass surgery at the world-renowned Harefield Hospital, Middlesex, in November 2006.
During the surgery the anaesthetist turned off his ventilator for almost 15 minutes by mistake. It was supposed to be off for only 2 minutes. As a result Ron’s brain was deprived of oxygen and he lapsed into a coma.
After 11 months in a coma, Ron died in October 2007.
Richard Earle was instructed to pursue a case against the hospital, who quickly admitted that its anaesthetist had caused his brain damage.
A dependency claim was put forward for Ron’s son who struggled to cope without his father’s help at home. In addition, a novel claim utilising the Human Rights Act was included on the basis of Ron’s loss of right to life.
Richard settled the anaesthetics negligence case for £300,000. The claim was funded by legal aid.
When the case settled Richard Earle said:
"I'm absolutely delighted that it was possible to secure a substantial settlement for such a deserving family after their father died in such sad and avoidable circumstances."
For further information or if you have a anaesthetic negligence please contact our team;
- You can speak to any member of our Medical Negligence team on freephone 0800 358 3848
- e-Mail us at email@example.com or,
- Complete our short enquiry form.
Contact us on freephone 0800 358 3848
Or start your claim online.
Fieldfisher is: ‘a firm full of the highest quality lawyers in the field' and has an 'outstanding depth of expertise’ - Legal 500 2015, Awarded Top Tier
"The group is praised for its commitment to 'demystifying the legal process' while this is a firm for which the client has always been a priority"
Fieldfisher's Personal Injury and Medical Negligence solicitors are proudly listed as 'Super Lawyers' in both on-line and off-line printed publishings.
Fieldfisher has successfully been recognised as an "Occupation and Asbestos Disease Specialists" Fieldfisher are now recognised as assessors
Fieldfisher are signatories of the Ethical Marketing Charter demonstrating our commitment to responsible, transparent and professional marketing.
Fieldfisher has been named as the winners of the Legal 500 United Kingdom 2015: *Claimant Clinical Negligence Award*. Testament to our expertise.
Merton Council accepts liability for death of teacher who was exposed to asbestos in Mitcham's St Thomas of Canterbury Middle School
The Telegraph reports on the Bedside cot that's still on sale after death of seven-week-old baby Grace Roseman
The Sun reports on Jill Greenfield's case of Grace Roseman who was tragically killed by the“dangerous” Bednest cot in April last year