Road Traffic Accident Claims
Every year, road traffic accidents cost thousands of lives, 40,000 serious injuries, three million NHS bed days, huge trauma, illness, and psychological problems.
At Fieldfisher we have one of the UK's leading Road Traffic Accident Injury teams in the UK. We are here to fight for you and to ensure that you have what you need to live your life with dignity.
The team is led by Jill Greenfield, who is rated Band 1 in Chambers legal directory 2016. The team is also in Band 1 in Legal 500 for its personal injury expertise.
Road Traffic Accident cases often involve extremely severe injuries. A moment's lapse of judgement can lead to terrible consequences for the injured victim and their family.
Examples of our cases include
- Veronika, a cyclist who lost a leg when hit by a HGV
- Peter, whose motorbike accident left him paralysed
- Devbai, a pedestrian hit by a vehicle that mounted the pavement and suffered brain damage and serious limb injuries
- Justine, a back seat passenger who was in a car with a driver who lost control and suffered major brain damage and a serious back injury
- Miss X, a young child who suffered serious brain damage in a road traffic accident.
Click here to see more of our cases
What we do
- We will seek immediate financial help (interim payments) for you from the insurer of the vehicle at fault. We have good relationships with defendant insurers. We do not send letters and await a response, we get on the phone and we push your case forward ensuring that the insurers understand the severity of the situation.
- If funds are not readily available we will issue proceedings and make a formal Court application for funds. We appreciate the pressing needs for you and your family and we will ensure that steps are taken early in your case.
- We will seek to ensure that you have the best possible Rehabilitation and will oversee any programme in place for you.
- We will arrange to have you seen by the top medical experts in the UK, ensuring that your injury is evaluated correctly and so that we know what the true long term impact is.
Specialist RTA solicitors
Road traffic accident claims we have handled successfully include accidents involving:
- Brain and head injuries
- Spinal injuries
- Claims on behalf of children
- Motor Insurance Bureau (MIB) Claims
- Fatal Claims and Inquests
- Claims made by passengers
- Motorbike road traffic accidents
- Cyclists road traffic accidents
- Injuries involving pedestrians
- Injuries caused by defective vehicles
- International Claims
What you are able to claim for:
- Damages for the injury itself, to reflect the pain and suffering.
- Money to compensate for your loss of income.
- Funds to pay for new and adapted housing.
- Money to pay for therapists and professional carers.
- Specialist equipment and IT to assist.
- Specially adapted transport.
Recommended by charities and other organisations
We are recommended to victims of traffic accidents by special interest groups, charities and other organisations, including:
Contact us on freephone 0800 358 3848
Or start your claim online.
"The group is praised for its commitment to 'demystifying the legal process' while this is a firm for which the client has always been a priority"
Fieldfisher has successfully been recognised as an "Occupation and Asbestos Disease Specialists" Fieldfisher are now recognised as assessors
Charities we support
Mark Bowman calls for change in 'illogical' traffic laws following Caixia Sun inquest
Following the inquest of Caixia Sun this week, Mark Bowman is supporting a campaign to have the law relating to people driving on private land brought into line with drivers on public roads.
Finsbury Park terrorist attack: rebuilding lives
Following the guilty verdict of Darren Osborne for murder, Senior Associate Dushal Mehta speaks to BBC Radio 4.
A Face in the Crowd: Maxillofacial Trauma Conference
Fieldfisher is pleased to be running a conference in London on the 15th March 2018 to discuss different aspects of maxillofacial injuries.
Jennifer Buchanan asks where are the promised direct vision HGVs to keep cyclists safe?
It's time for the construction industry to step up and implement change to improve lorry and cyclists' safety
A lifeline you've probably never heard of: Caron Heyes describes the vital work of Admiral Nurses for people living with dementia