David Wilkinson, Partner, Corporate
I am a corporate partner with over 20 years' experience of working with clients on a range of transactions including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, fund raisings, reorganisations, commercial contracts and strategic planning.
My practice is varied and so are my clients, which range across both the public and private sectors. I have particular expertise in both the energy sector and the hotels and leisure sector. My diverse experience, coupled with my commercial and creative approach, is used to great effect for clients of all sectors where I frequently advise on transactions which require a unique approach and the development of bespoke solutions.
My expertise is best illustrated by my experience which includes advising:
- a super major on its participation in a €4bn+ cross border joint venture pipeline project;
- a listed company on its development of two gas storage projects by way of joint ventures;
- a ferry operator on the purchase of a ferry and logistics operator in a €356m pan European transaction;
- selling shareholders on the £200m sale of an international forex business;
- Far East Investors on the £65m purchase of a 5* hotel in the centre of London;
- acting for a cruise tour operator on its part sale to, and joint venture with, a major middle eastern conglomerate;
- acting for entrepreneur investors on the £43m sale of a car auctions business;
- acting for a Japanese finance house on a joint venture with a major bank to create a fund for investing in real estate products;
- acting for a listed construction company on a series of acquisitions in the construction and energy efficiency sectors;
- acting for a middle eastern investor on the purchase of a major travel portal;
- acting for a Japanese conglomerate on the disposal of a country club with two golf clubs and a hotel in the home counties;
- acting for an international wine business in respect of a joint venture restructuring, a disposal and two acquisitions as it transformed its business for the challenges of the latest market developments;
- advising a medical services provider on its restructuring and refinancing of a portfolio of 5 PFI projects;
- creating innovative equity incentive arrangements for entrepreneural companies.
I often speak at conferences and seminars on corporate finance matters and am the author of the legal documents section within Mergers & Acquisitions: A Practical Guide for Private Companies and Their UK and Overseas Advisors published by Kogan and Page.
In my spare time you will find me either on the ski slopes, sailing, refereeing unruly teenagers on the rugby field or with my family.