Mark Lupton, Associate, Corporate
I am an Associate in the Corporate Department based in the Manchester Office.
I qualified in 2004 and my practice focuses on acting for private investors, owner managed businesses and SMEs across a wide range of sectors both locally in the North West and nationally.
My experience spans a wide range of corporate matters including acquisitions and disposals, MBOs, joint ventures, private equity investments, restructuring, refinancing, start-ups and corporate governance matters. I have also developed particular expertise in the financial services sector.
Notably, I have recently been involved in the following transactions:
- Acting on the acquisition of a plant hire company for a consideration in excess of £20 million
- Acting on the disposal of an FCA registered payment services business to an American plc
- Acting on a complex restructuring of a group of companies in the debt management sector involving a share capital reduction and buy back of shares.
- Acting on the acquisition of a premiership rugby football union club
- Acting on the disposal of a generator distribution company to an American plc for £15 million.
- Acting on behalf of an energy procurement company in the implementation of an Employee Shareholder Scheme involving over 30 employees.
- Acting on the acquisitions of a number of IFA businesses
- Acting for private investors in relation to various start-up businesses in the online fashion, IT, leisure and retail industries.
I take pride in being able to offer sensible and practical commercial advice whilst looking to develop relationships with clients to add value to their business.
In my spare time, my interests include football (although mostly watching these days), golf and skiing. I also enjoy spending time with my young family.