Joanne Holbrook, Senior Associate, Real Estate
- Manchester office
- Download v-card
- View on LinkedIn
- +44 (0)161 835 8058
- Over ten years advising on environment and consenting matters
- An expert in interpreting and advising on planning, environmental, and Health and Safety regulation (which will be of particular significance post-Brexit referendum)
- Experience in permitting and licensing requirements, operational compliance, incident response, remediation and decommission programmes, interpreting regulation, defending civil claims for environmental exposure or damage and representing clients in criminal investigation and prosecution for environmental and health and safety offences (including corporate manslaughter)
- Experience of investigative studies, gas storage, pipelines, transmission and distribution infrastructure and conventional and unconventional power generation projects
- Ability to account for and advise on safety, health and environmental performance excellence and risk mitigation during the course of acquisition and development.
Clients and projects:
- Advising a private company on its liabilities relating to contamination of a private drinking water supply and successfully avoiding prosecution despite 2 x regulation (18 notices having been served)
- Advising a global technology company on potential environmental discharge liabilities spanning operations for over 20 years
- Advising and representing an oil distribution company on the first prosecution sought by the Environment Agency based on the potential for damage (rather than actual damage having occurred).
Memberships and Accreditations:
- North West Convenor for UK Environmental Lawyers Association
- Member Association for Petroleum and Explosives Administration
- Member Chartered Institute of Wastes Management
- Steering Group Member for technical guidance for CIRIA (formerly the Construction Industry Research and Information Association).