Charlotte Hilton, Solicitor, IP and Technology, Protection and Enforcement
I am a solicitor specialising in intellectual property. I trained at the firm, during which time I spent half my training contract in the wider IP Group, including 6 months in the firm's media team.
I have gained broad experience in a variety of contentious and non-contentious work and I advise on a wide range of IP rights including patents, design rights, copyright, trade marks, passing off and domain names. In the past year I have worked for a variety of well-known clients; from pharmaceutical companies and sports clients to tech giants and fashion brands.
Most recently I have worked on:
- The Karen Millen trade mark and breach of contract dispute (Karen Denise Millen v Karen Millen Fashions Ltd & Anor  EWHC 2104 (Ch)) representing the KAREN MILLEN brand throughout the whole proceedings and at trial at the High Court.
- A legal opinion for a biopharmaceutical company on whether the underlying nucleic acid sequence of its transgene construct infringes two European Patents.
- Advice for a global pharmaceutical company on patent infringement exemptions in several EU Member States when conducting clinical trials.
- A strategic due diligence exercise for a worldwide governing body reviewing its licensing and sponsorship agreements.
- Various trade mark prosecution and enforcement matters.
I am a member of AIPPI and IPSOC (a committee for junior IP practitioners).
Prior to becoming a lawyer, I completed a degree in Geography from the University of Exeter and worked at Goldman Sachs International.
I am a keen tennis player and captain the firm's softball team.