Carlton Durrant, Partner, Corporate
I am a corporate partner advising companies, directors, entrepreneurs, shareholders and investors on M&A transactions, joint ventures, corporate venturing and strategic investments, private fundraisings, group reorganisations, directors' duties and compliance with company law.
I have particular experience of advising clients in the media & entertainment and technology & communications sectors. I regularly advise broadcasters and distributors on strategic investments in TV production companies and on M&A transactions in this space. I advise tech and high growth companies on private fundraisings with VCs, funds and family offices. I advise on complex joint ventures – such as the ground breaking YouView joint venture, a free to air IPTV platform set up by a consortium of UK broadcasters, ISPs and communications companies - for which the firm was awarded TMT Team of the Year at the 2011 Legal Business Awards.
I advise clients across a diverse range of other sectors from professional services and FCA-regulated businesses through to oil & gas and manufacturing.
Recent deals include:
• the auction sale of the rights owner of a catalogue of childrens TV properties to a Canadian media group
• the sale of a fast growing and disruptive online insurance platform to a private equity fund
• the acquisition of an international payroll and payment solutions provider
• a group reorganisation of the EMEA division of an NYSE-listed entertainment & media group
• early stage funding rounds for an internet of things start-up focusing on data acquisition and analytics in manufacturing
• a US$120m private fundraising for an oil & gas E&P company
• advising entrepreneurs on the sale of an early-stage 3D-printing business to a US NYSE-listed market leader
• numerous strategic minority investments in TV production companies
• advising a US hedge fund on a joint venture with a UK bank
• the sale of a secure e-commerce platform to a Finnish-listed market leader