Tim Bird, Partner, Corporate
- London office
- Download v-card
- View on LinkedIn
- Follow on Twitter
- +44 (0) 20 7861 4031
I am a corporate partner in Fieldfisher's top ranked corporate, capital markets and technology law practices.
My practice focuses on technology, life science, hotel/leisure and energy companies with an emphasis on US (East and West Coast) and Japanese inward investment, private equity, venture capital, M&A, equity capital and general corporate advice. My experience as a transactional lawyer includes two years at Deutsche Bank working with technology companies and a year on secondment at US Private Equity fund Citigroup Venture Capital working on large cross-border LBOs.
I am a regular commentator in the press on diverse subjects from entrepreneurship to international takeovers. I am also a regular commentator on social media.
I am recommended by Legal 500 and Who's Who Legal.
It has been a very busy twelve months working on a large number of transactions involving Private Equity and Venture Capital as well as advising clients on various complicated cross-border exits/acquisitions. Recent representative transactions include advising:
- management on the buyout of carehome operator Signature Senior Lifestyle from Cabot Square Capital, backed by Health Care REIT
- management on the secondary buyout of Independent Clinical Services by TowerBrook Capital from The Blackstone Group
- Investec Growth & Acquisition Finance on the leveraged funding of the ASK4 management buyout backed by Darwin Private Equity
- Part VC-backed Venda Group Limited on the sale of SaaS and e-commerce company Venda Limited to NetSuite Inc.
- Tokyo Stock Exchange-listed Recruit Holdings Co., Ltd. on its acquisition of Wahanda - £112.5m cash for the shares acquired (approximately JPY 20.4 billion)
- one of the world's leading organisations providing management consulting, technology and outsourcing services on the acquisition of a software consulting services company and a logistics business
- VWR International LLC on its acquisition of Hichrom Limited
- Advising Fuse Universal on its USD10m investment by NYC-based Education Growth Partners
- Advising various Japanese clients on their European investments / M&A