General Surgery Claims
Our medical negligence team specialises in general surgery negligence and have extensive experience in a wide variety of general surgery claims.
General surgery refers to the following types of claims:
- bowel claims
- abdomen claims
- bile duct claims
- gut claims
- gall bladder claims
- colon claims
- liver claims
- pancreas claims
Our general surgery experience
- a young lady where a delay in diagnosing appendicitis rendered her infertile
- a young RAF pilot who suffered catastrophic brain damage following a delay in treating him after his abdomen became rigid. He was awarded £4.81million.
General surgery negligence
Medical negligence relating to surgery can have devastating effects on patients and sometimes it may even lead to death. Keyhole surgery (laparoscopy) and cosmetic surgery are a common cause of medical injuries during surgery.
We have acted in a wide range of general surgery cases and the most common medical accidents include:
- leaving surgical instruments in the body cavity
- accidentally severing vital blood vessels or nerves
- operating on the incorrect part of the body or the removal of healthy tissue or organs
- carrying out unnecessary surgery as a consequence of a misdiagnosis or confusion involving notes, x-rays or patients themselves
- leaving items in the patient's body after surgery; this can include sponges, swabs and surgical instruments
For further information or if you believe you have a General Surgery claim, please contact us.
- You can speak to any member of our Medical Negligence team on freephone 0800 358 3848
- e-Mail us at email@example.com or,
- Complete our short enquiry form.
Contact us on freephone 0800 358 3848
Or start your claim online.
Fieldfisher is: ‘a firm full of the highest quality lawyers in the field' and has an 'outstanding depth of expertise’ - Legal 500 2015, Awarded Top Tier
"The group is praised for its commitment to 'demystifying the legal process' while this is a firm for which the client has always been a priority"
Fieldfisher's Personal Injury and Medical Negligence solicitors are proudly listed as 'Super Lawyers' in both on-line and off-line printed publishings.
Fieldfisher has successfully been recognised as an "Occupation and Asbestos Disease Specialists" Fieldfisher are now recognised as assessors
Fieldfisher are signatories of the Ethical Marketing Charter demonstrating our commitment to responsible, transparent and professional marketing.
Fieldfisher has been named as the winners of the Legal 500 United Kingdom 2015: *Claimant Clinical Negligence Award*. Testament to our expertise.
Mother requires hip replacement and 6 months in hospital after nursing failure at John Radcliffe Hospital
Merton Council accepts liability for death of teacher who was exposed to asbestos in Mitcham's St Thomas of Canterbury Middle School
The Telegraph reports on the Bedside cot that's still on sale after death of seven-week-old baby Grace Roseman
The Sun reports on Jill Greenfield's case of Grace Roseman who was tragically killed by the“dangerous” Bednest cot in April last year