Paediatric Negligence Claims
Our medical negligence team specialise in paediatrics negligence. Our specialist solicitors have secured compensation in many cases where children have been the victim of medical and clinical negligence.
Call Freephone 0800 358 3848
If your child has suffered due to the negligence of medical professionals, our specialist team of solicitors can help you recover the compensation you and your family deserve, Call us today or start your claim online and we will call you back.
Types of Paediatric Negligence
Paediatric claims arise out of mistakes in the treatment of children. There are a number of ways in which children can be injured due to paediatric negligence including:
- Birth injuries
- Cerebral palsy
- Erb’s palsy
- General medicine
- Delay in diagnosis of a congenital or developmental hip dysplasia resulting in permanent injury.
- Neonatology - dealing with diseases and illnesses in the first few weeks and months of life
- Neurology - dealing with nervous system conditions such as epilepsy, brain injury, hypoxia
- Endocrinology - dealing with hormone problems in children including diabetes, thyroid problems and growth problems.
- Development - dealing with learning disability and physical disability.
- Failure to promptly identify, diagnose and treat serious and fast acting infections such as meningitis, septicaemia, osteomyelitis and tuberculosis
- Failure to diagnose and treat asthmatic attacks or more chronic illnesses such as childhood diabetes or epilepsy
- Failure to identify and recognise the significance of headaches and/or deteriorating sight leading to delays in diagnosis of tumours
- Maladministration of drugs and drug doses which can result in permanent disability and sometimes death, to include chemotherapy treatment
- Failure to correctly identify and treat fractures, which can if left undiagnosed, present a long-term consequence with uneven or abnormal bone growth
- Complications from tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy
- Undiagnosed seizure disorders (infantile spasms, epilepsy and pyridoxine deficiency)
- Improper treatment of leukaemia
Birth injury due to oxygen depravation
A large number of medical negligence claims involving children relate to the treatment provided to them, often during labour or at the time of their birth. Injury is often linked to the circumstances surrounding labour and delivery and can include oxygen depravation, injury caused by delayed instrumental delivery, or inappropriate application, or excessive traction, when using forceps or ventouse. These types of cases often involve varying degrees of brain injury, skull fractures, Erb's palsy and facial palsy. More information on this type of injury can be found on our birth injury section.
There is another category of medical negligence claim involving children which arises from errors in treatment and delays in diagnosing typical childhood conditions, illnesses and infections. If these conditions are left untreated for any time then a permanent disability or death is very possible. Young children are particularly at risk of injury arising out of delayed diagnosis and incorrect treatment, as they often can't communicate how they feel and often their symptoms are overlooked.
Medical negligence involving children
Paediatric negligence claims are not limited to negligence by a paediatrician. If your general practitioner, obstetrician, nurse, orthopaedic surgeon or any healthcare provider has been negligent in treating your child resulting in an injury, then your child may be eligible for compensation.
If you believe you have a paediatrics negligence case, please contact our medical negligence team for free No Win Fee advice.
- You can speak to any member of our Medical Negligence team on freephone 0800 358 3848
- e-Mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or,
- Complete our short enquiry form.
Contact us on freephone 0800 358 3848
Or start your claim online.
Fieldfisher is: ‘a firm full of the highest quality lawyers in the field' and has an 'outstanding depth of expertise’ - Legal 500 2015, Awarded Top Tier
"The group is praised for its commitment to 'demystifying the legal process' while this is a firm for which the client has always been a priority"
Fieldfisher's Personal Injury and Medical Negligence solicitors are proudly listed as 'Super Lawyers' in both on-line and off-line printed publishings.
Fieldfisher has successfully been recognised as an "Occupation and Asbestos Disease Specialists" Fieldfisher are now recognised as assessors
Fieldfisher are signatories of the Ethical Marketing Charter demonstrating our commitment to responsible, transparent and professional marketing.
Fieldfisher has been named as the winners of the Legal 500 United Kingdom 2015: *Claimant Clinical Negligence Award*. Testament to our expertise.
£15 million medical negligence settlement for Jacob Stratton for catastrophic misdiagnosis of meningitis
Merton Council accepts liability for death of teacher who was exposed to asbestos in Mitcham's St Thomas of Canterbury Middle School
The Telegraph reports on the Bedside cot that's still on sale after death of seven-week-old baby Grace Roseman
The Sun reports on Jill Greenfield's case of Grace Roseman who was tragically killed by the“dangerous” Bednest cot in April last year