1408-09 Shanghai Times Square
93 Huai Hai Road Middle
Our Shanghai office is the result of Fieldfisher and the PRC firm Ryser & Associates coming together to form Fieldfisher Ryser. Our team in Shanghai has the expertise and on-the-ground resources to assist you with a range of Chinese legal matters across corporate, IP, IT, life sciences, telecommunications and other areas of business.
The team has the experience to guide you through foreign investment, M&A, banking and finance, regulatory and compliance work, corporate transactions and governance, brand protection and associated intellectual property matters, as well as assisting with other legal issues in the People’s Republic of China.
Whether you know China well, or you're a newcomer to doing business in the country, our team's commercial and practical approach will ensure that your issues are resolved as quickly and cost-efficiently as possible.
In addition to the law firm license, our team in China holds both patent and trade mark filing qualifications, complemented by the wider firm's expertise in these fields. Our lawyers work seamlessly alongside colleagues in our offices in Europe and Palo Alto to provide you with cross-border corporate transaction and a global IP expertise that few other firms can match.
Examples of the team's recent work include:
- Setting up a subsidiary in China for a Japanese corporate;
- Advising on the acquisition of the Chinese subsidiary of a US corporate by a Japanese corporate;
- Advertising on internal rules and regulations for a listed insurance company;
- Advising on overseas listing of Chinese-invested e-commerce enterprisee;
- Advising on compliance with advertising laws and regulations of PRC subsidiary of U.S. medical device company;
- Advising French company on its large-scale public display project in China;
- Advising German company on its IP-related issues and anti-counterfeit measures;
- Conducting anti-bribery audit of Chinese subsidiary of UK corporate;
- Advising German corporate on Chinese anti-trust law;
- Advising Japanese corporate on Chinese anti-unfair competition law;
- Litigating employment contract matter for listed Chinese media company;
- Advising UK financial services company on Chinese anti money-laundering regulations;
- Advising Japanese corporate on anti smuggling issues;
- Advised a Canadian corporate and a Japanese corporate on personal identification number (PIN) software marketing and selling in China.
- Worked for a European corporate on encryption technology usage in China.
- Advised a US corporate on cross-border data flows from and to China.
- Advised a US client on value-added telecommunication services.
- Worked for a Japanese corporate on cloud computing applications in China.
- Advised a Japanese corporate on intellectual property and general contractual advice on data storage management software.
- Helped a European corporate on consumer-oriented, multi-channel advertising.
- Handled trade mark and brand protection work for a broad spectrum of clients.