As part of an international firm with multiple offices across Europe, Asia and America we have the weight, expertise and reach to deal with banking and finance transactions of all types.
Based in London, we advise clients from the CIS region in their own language: our experienced team of Russian and English speaking lawyers has a wealth of collective expertise advising together with our broader finance team on acquisition finance, asset leasing, aviation finance, commodity finance, debt capital markets, derivatives, financial dispute resolution, financial services regulation, insolvency, investment funds, private banking and wealth management, real estate finance, recovery and enforcement, reorganisations of financial institutions, restructuring, structured finance, taxation of financial instruments, and trade finance.
We advise banks of all sizes, investment managers, investment funds, hedge funds, securities houses, brokers, dealers, insurance companies, custodians, depositaries and a whole range of service providers and consultants to those in this industry.
We have a vastly experienced, dynamic and growing team with particular expertise working on the CIS and Eastern Europe related transactions and regulatory matters.
We specialise in:
- private client and wealth management
- structured finance and securitisation
- financial and banking disputes
- energy and natural resources financings
- banking regulatory
- real estate finance
- project finance
- trade finance
- asset finance (in particular superyachts and jets)
- insolvency and cross border insolvency
- debt capital markets
- general banking and cross border secured lending
We are the largest dedicated Russia & CIS Group in the City comprising over 50 dynamic and highly experienced specialists drawn from key practice areas within the firm, out of which over 20 are Russian speakers. To learn more about our Russia & CIS Group, please visit About Russia & CIS Group.
Notable deals and highlights
- Advising KMG Kashagan BV in connection with a US$1bn oil prepayment facility connected to the Kashagan field.
- Advising VTB Capital plc in relation to the financing and then restructuring of a US$200million Moscow commercial property financing.
- Advising RCB Bank Ltd in connection with numerous international cross border secured financings.
- Advising JSC Novatek on a €900 million financing for the Yamal LNG Facility in Russia.
- Advising a major Russian bank in connection with the enforcement of certain LCIA arbitration awards and asset tracing in CIS region.
- Advising a major Russian bank in connection with its global master repurchase agreement transactions in the Russian market.
- Advising a major Russian investment bank in connection with cross border bank to bank lending transactions in emerging markets.
- Advising a major Russian bank in connection with the financing and leasing of certain Bombardier Global 6000 aircraft.
- Advising a major Russian bank in connection with all aspects including financial transactional aspects of Russian sectoral sanctions.