Africa is rising. Commonly referred to as the growth continent, it is experiencing an unprecedented level of foriegn investment and economic development.
Its many individual countries do not all tell the same tale but, overwhelmingly, the back story is one of greater political stability, social and economic development and an appetite from foreign investors to deploy funds into the region.
A number of sectors are booming:
- Technology and Communication
- Hospitality and leisure
- Energy Transport and Infrastructure
- Financial Services
- Real Estate
and all are benefitting from rapid urbanisation.
These are sectors in which Fieldfisher has unquestionable experience and an enviable reputation. The document below provides a snapshot of the countries in which our partners have experience.
- Ethiopia: Advising KEFI Minerals plc on its application to the Government of Ethiopia for a full scale mining licence for its Tulu Kapi gold project and the negotiation of a mining agreement with the Government relating to the same.
- Libya: Advising Europe Arab Bank plc, ABC International Bank pls and Standard Bank plc on US$120,000,000 syndicated credit facility to be provided by a syndicate of banks for the construction and furbishment of the new Al Ghazala Intercontinental hotel development in Tripoli, Libya.
- Mozambique: Advising North River Resources plc on its joint venture with Baobab Resources realting to the Muande magnetite and phosphate project.
- Nigeria: Advising Strand Hanson and Mirabaud Securities on their due diligence on Lekoil Limited's interest in offshore oil prospecting license OPL310 in connection with Lekoil's AIM IPO and placing to raise US$49m.
- Burkina Faso: Advising Cluff Gold plc on the funding of its exploration, development and bringing into production of its Kalsaka gold mine including the company's IPO on AIM, advice on the company's mining convention with the Government, the company's secondary listing on the TSX and a number of placings to raise a total of £62.7m
- Burkina Faso: Advising Aovcet Mining plc on its £60m takeover of Wega Mining ASA, owner of the Inata gold project.
- Cote d'Ivoire: Advising RBC Capital Markets on its due diligence on Rialto Energy Limited's interest in offshore block CI-202 in connection with Rialto Energy's admission to AIM at a marketing capitalisation of £173m.
- Democratic Republic of the Congo: Advising country's largest private enteprise with respect to a road construction contract linking Lubumbashi to other towns.